Elevate Orlando is a non-profit organization modeled after a well-established program in Colorado which offers a unique, comprehensive solution to the issues faced by “At Risk” urban young people. We are dedicated to providing ALL of the following six program aspects to our underserved youth:
- Full-time Elevate instructors (not just volunteers) in the Orange County public schools
- Four program areas (In School, After School, Adventure, Post Secondary)
- Year-round programming, not limited to the school year
- Long-term relationships with multi-year impact, forming a “pipeline” of influence
- High school students teaching elementary kids, becoming leaders and role models
- Aim High Give Back, developing leaders that give back to the communities through service projects.
Our overall goal is to empower urban youth to become leaders and productive citizens through long-term, relational support. We consider success to include students:
- Graduating from high school with a plan for the future.
- Learning Elevate Orlando’s 13 character qualities and life skills and implementing them in their lives.
- Pursuing post-secondary education.
- Leading by serving others and giving back to the community.