There are a myriad of challenges facing urban youth in Central Florida. Considering the need, Elevate Orlando’s classroom instruction and out-of-school mentoring allows students to connect with caring, supportive adults on a consistent, long-term basis.
Elevate Orlando uses the framework of a relational-based model (Colorado UpLift) that is time-tested and has proven results. The primary activities that seek to address the challenges facing today’s youth include:
- Instruction in 13 key character qualities and life skills in Orange County Public Schools
- Summer activities and camps to continue the bonding process with staff and students all year round
- After-school bonding and skill-building such as volunteering, camping, public speaking and studying to facilitate mentoring
- Post-graduate college and trade exposure with guidance through the process
- Community partnerships, providing a complete support network for kids
- Developing leaders to give back to the community through various service projects